tranquil Village of Fimber lies quietly at both sides of the B1251
and is settled into the hillside. It forms around the Village Pond
which is presided over by the small Church on the hill which looks
down over the village, access to the church is through a lovely
stone archway. The Chapel built in AD 1865 is now a private
dwelling and a new property in the Village has the pretty name of
Fimber Roundabout, just below the village is where the B1248
crosses with the B1251 and has a 60 feet high light presiding
Just off the roundabout is a lovely picnic area with tables and
chairs set out, a childrens play area along with W.C.
facilities and a log cabin from where hot and cold drinks , snacks
and ice creams can be purchased.
The Fimber Online
Recieved from :