the busy A614 road can be found the small Village of Kirkburn.
The houses are all neat and have the quaint feel of
typical country cottages about them. The stone War Memorial stands
stately as a reminder of the locals who died during the war and
Battleburn, a row of cottages built in 1852, stands along the main
road as a mark of years gone by.
On the Eastern side of
the A614 sits the ever popular Kirkburn Filling Station and nearby
The Tiddlywinks Day Nursery - a bungalow which has been
extensively modified with little people in mind.
Church was built in 1139 from where the Nave and the spectacular
south doorway survive. Modifications have been made to the tower
which has the most remarkable stairway. The chancel was rebuilt in
1857 and the screen and reredos are by G.E.Street.
Queens Head is the local public house offering food and
drink to those who pass by on their travels.